We collect certain information or data about you when you use any of the services First2Host provides.
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact First2Host
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data can be viewed by authorised people in the First2Host group and our suppliers, to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
- Allow you to access First2Host services and make transactions
- Provide you with information about First2Host services if you want it
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) (except for data that we gather when you sign up to our email alerts). Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
When you sign up to our email alerts
We use our own systems and possibly MailChimp for our email alerts. MailChimp has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US. We only share your email address with MailChimp and they have no authorization to share your email address with anyone else or to use it. MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
As a data processor First2Host will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other organizations for legal reasons.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
Links to other websites
First2Host.co.uk contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website